With so many fad diets and detox programmes hitting the headlines after an indulgent Christmas and New Year, it can be easy to lose sight of what’s really important.
We offer a range of medicals that are carried out by one of our Doctors to provide a full picture of your current health. Monitoring the health of yourself and your workforce not only sends out a great message to your team but can also provide useful insight into any improvements to your health and wellbeing.
Whilst a fad diet or detox can provide quick results, they rarely offer any genuine benefits to your long-term health. Being aware of your health and any issues can help identify problems early, determine your best pathway to fitness or even just alleviate any health worries.
Putting the wellbeing of your staff at the forefront of your business is a sure way to look after your team. It’s a great demonstration of best practice across the board and will help keep sickness absence to a minimum, especially in conjunction with other provisions such as health surveillance.
What to expect in an executive medical:
- Lifestyle assessment (smoking, alcohol and sleep)
- Mental health and stress indicator
- Musculoskeletal assessment
- Physical activity assessment
- Diabetes risk
- Height, weight and body mass index
- Waist measurement and waist-to-height ratio
- Body fat, basal metabolic rate
- Energy requirement
- Blood pressure (both arms)
- Cardiovascular risk
- Heart rhythm screening
Blood and urine tests
- Lipids (total cholesterol, high density lipoprotein, lipoprotein and triglycerides)
- Diabetes HbA1c (glycated haemoglobin – non-fasting)
- Haemoglobin (anaemia)
- Kidney risk – eGFRt and kidney risk – ACRt (detailed kidney function tests)
For advice on which of our medicals would be most suitable for you and your team or any of our preventative service provisions please contact us on 01603 274460.